Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I Took the Long Way to Work Today

This morning I tacked on an extra few miles by following the W&OD to the end, then following Four Mile Run to the Mount Vernon Trail.  The wind was cold and stronger than I expected, but I appreciated the free wind tunnel test.

I feel very lucky to be able to watch the sun rise over the national monuments almost every morning.  It's a view that continues to inspire me, even after several years.  When I cross the Theodore Roosevelt Bridge, for a brief moment I can see the Kennedy Center on my left, the Lincoln and Washington Memorials, the beautiful Memorial Bridge, and the Capitol Building, all at the same time.  Someday when I feel really brave, I'll figure out a way to snap a photo from the bridge to document it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment