Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What Keeps You Awake at Night?

Here is something to think about while you're drifting off.  (It's the mass start of IM Florida.)


In my pool workouts, I get annoyed when someone in my lane accidentally frog-kicks me.  Or makes a big splash while I'm taking a breath.  So when it comes to mass starts, it's safe to say that I'm not a huge fan of getting punched in the ribs/kicked in the nose/swum over.  That said, swimming laps in the pool can be frightfully boring.  The full 2.4 mile distance is about 154 widths of a 25 meter pool.  It takes a really long time to swim that far.  (This morning I swam 140 widths at low intensity, and it took me 1 hour & 25 minutes.)  Often the only thing that keeps me motivated is the primal fear of running out of gas in the middle of the swim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment