Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It's Official. Ironman Florida, November 3, 2012.

I may live to regret it, but I signed up for Ironman Florida 2012.  I've had a few really good seasons of mostly Olympic- and Half-Ironman distance races.  But it's time for the real deal.  I'm trying to hit the intersection between my improvements as a triathlete and my rapid gradual decline as a middle-age man.  Luckily, I have an extremely supportive wife and cheerleader who gave me the green light to enter the race. 

So I decided that it's time to start a "minimalist" blog.  I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to blog entries, nor is my life all that interesting or colorful.  But I do spend a lot of time training, and thinking, and I think Alisha would probably be much happier if I found another channel for my daily 60-90 minute yammering about training and other random things.  Even if no one tunes into that channel. 

I unfortunately don't have a compelling back story that would make this blog interesting.  I'm not a war vet or a disabled person or a Kardashian.  I'm not even a particularly gifted athlete.  But I hope that this blog serves as a conversation starter and motivator for any other middle-aged below-average overworked weekend warriors.

No comments:

Post a Comment