Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Too proud to ask my neighbors for a corkscrew.

I never understood why every Boy Scout multifunction knife had a corkscrew. That tool only serves one legitimate function. On second thought, maybe I don't want to know.

Unfortunately, today I needed to uncork a bottle, and I found myself without the proper tool.  I can hear it already: "Some Eagle Scout HE is," you are probably saying.  I didn't want to have to explain to my neighbor why it's okay to use wine in pasta sauce, but not to drink it straight up. 

So I improvised.  Alisha encouraged me to take these photos for posterity's sake (or perhaps to submit an entry into a redneck reality show).  Note the hand crafted natural wood grain handle.  All natural pine (and, um, a drywall grabber screw). 


The challenge was estimating the depth of the cork -- if you put the screw in too deep, you could taint the entire bottle with anti-rust coating.



Some Eagle Scout indeed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment