Saturday, January 28, 2012

Georgetown, DC

I've worked in Georgetown for the past 7 1/2 years. Although it's a mile from the nearest Metro station, and the restaurants are expensive, it's a great place to work. And it's an even better place to run. The C&O Canal Towpath and Capital Crescent Trail run through the middle of Georgetown, and both trails are gorgeous. It is amazing to me that I can run 15 minutes and feel like I've completely left the city behind.

Friday January 27th it was 62 degrees in the early afternoon. I was ethically obligated to run. I never know how many days, months, or years I will be able to run. I hope it's a very long time. But I am grateful on every run that God gave me two eyes to see beautiful things, and two legs to carry me there.

Key Bridge and Georgetown Waterfront.


Capital Crescent Trail (Potomac on the right)

No comments:

Post a Comment