Thursday, August 16, 2012

Okay. Now I am tired.

This morning's T1 workout consisted of a 2.5 mile swim, followed by a 17.5mi ride to work on The Assassin.  I really pushed the pace, both in the pool and on the bike, because I wanted to get to work by 9am.  (It's a little unprofessional to roll in late, and even more unprofessional to roll in late wearing spandex and with dried snot across your cheeks.)  I pulled it off, but just barely.  My swim took me 1hr 29 minutes, and the ride took longer than usual because of some stoplights.  But I walked through my office door at exactly 9am.  A quick hillbilly shower in the bathroom sink, a couple of Muscle Milks, and I was ready to go for the day!

As for the workout, my legs were surprisingly weak on the ride.  Either I haven't recovered from yesterday's run 100%, or I was "on the legs" too much in the swim.  But I think the focus on the pool the last few weeks has really paid off.  I won't be in the top 1/4 or top 1/2, but I don't think I'll be in the bottom 1/4 on the swim.

It's a good thing my job consists of a lot of sitting, because my whole body is tired.  Even my cheeks, if that's possible.

1 comment:

  1. I'd think that nobody would notice the dried snot with that arm candy at your side. It IS a great looking bike, tires and all. I may never repeat this, so enjoy.

    ReplyDelete