Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Half Marathon Before Work

This morning the workout plan called for a half marathon.  So I got up extra early and started running before sunrise.  As I've mentioned before, when I'm training for a longer event, the distances that would normally be events in themselves sometimes get lost in the mix.  There are no medals, no crowds to high-five, and no "13.1" sticker for the car.  But I took some time this morning to enjoy the ability to run 13.1 miles, even though it was just me and the mosquitoes.

Here is the Potomac about 6 miles away from Georgetown.

And Lock House 6.

The run went well -- no complaints, no real soreness, and an 8:00/mi pace (my goal for the end of a half-iron).  I consider myself very lucky to be able to run, and to see such beautiful scenery.  If only my swims were half this interesting ...

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful lush green country to run in and here's my HIGH 5 " " " " " FOR YOU!
    Keep up the good workouts!
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The C&O is one of the best places to run in the DC area. We are lucky in that respect.

    ReplyDelete